Bruce Dean, Partner
8 West Third Street
Frederick, MD 21701
Bruce Dean has been practicing in the areas of land use and commercial real estate development for over 20 years in Frederick County and western Maryland. He began practice in 1987 with one of the larger firms in the region, focusing on real estate development, land use and real estate transactions. Over this 20 year period, Bruce has guided commercial and residential real estate developers and builders in the development of numerous corporate parks, residential subdivisions and commercial retail centers throughout the region from initial conception, obtaining entitlements through annexation, rezoning, site plan and subdivision plan approval, and completion of leasing and sale. He regularly represents local and national real estate developers, builders, agents and other local, regional and national clients at hearings before government administrative agencies in development, subdivision, land use and government regulatory matters. He is intimately involved with negotiating and drafting complex real estate contracts, covenants, commercial and residential condominiums and related homeowner association documents, easements of all types, agreements with municipalities and commercial leases. Mr. Dean also regularly represents both banks and borrowers in negotiating and drafting commercial loan documents and provides legal counsel in complex business and commercial matters, including the purchase and sale of corporate assets and entities.
Mr. Dean has practiced in Frederick for over 20 years, focusing his practice on complex land use and real estate matters, joining McEvoy & Dean in 1997 after several years experience with two of the larger law firms in the area. Among the clients Mr. Dean has represented are
- BB&T Bank
- Beazer Homes of Maryland
- Catoctin Development, Inc.
- Cavalier Development Consultants, Inc.
- Corporate Office Properties Trust
- Demcore Development, LLC
- Eastern Diversified Properties
- Faison Development
- Frederick Brick Works, Inc.
- Frederick County Bank
- The Frederick News Post
- Hill Management
- The Keelty Company
- H.F. Payne Construction Company, Inc.
- Sandy Spring Bank.
- Security Development Corp.
- Toll Bros.
- Washco Developments, Inc.
Recent projects include
- Annexations of Clemson Property (completed), Thatcher Farm (completed) Summers Farm (completed) and Frederick Trading into the City of Frederick
- Annexation of the Doub Property (completed) into the City of Hagerstown
- Frederick News Post corporate headquarters
- Arnett Farm rezoning in Washington County
- Residential Subdivisions of Sun Meadow, Birdseye View Estates, Maple Valley Estates, Hamptons at Brightwood, Washington Trail and Day Farm
- Westview Retail and Entertainment
- DarCars Toyota
- Rezonings of Chuck Wade Farm, Memory Lane Properties, Beshers property and Frederick County Advanced Tech Park in Frederick County
- Development of Frederick Brick Works site in Frederick City
Professional and Community Activities
- Past President (1997), Land Use Council of Frederick County
- Current President, Downtown Frederick Partnership
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Frederick County Builders Association
- Legislative Committee, Frederick County Builders Association (past chairman)
- Member, 2002 Citizens Zoning Ordinance Review Committee, appointed by County Commissioners
- Member, Frederick County Adequate Public Facilities Ordinance (APFO) Ad Hoc Committee
- Member, Frederick City APFO Committee
- Past President, Frederick Salvation Army Advisory Board
- Past President (1999-2001), Tourism Council of Frederick County, Maryland, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, Tourism Council of Frederick County
- Member, Frederick County, State of Maryland and American Bar Associations
- Elder and Past Deacon, Frederick Presbyterian Church